Bristol, UK – 28th November, 2022 – Jingle Jam, the world’s biggest games charity event, returns later this week, with its biggest-ever fund-raising push.
Kicking off at 5:00 pm GMT on Thursday, December 1, Jingle Jam 2022 will herald two wonderful weeks of epic and heart-wrenching fundraising streams across multiple channels and sees the return of the annual Jingle Jam Games Collection - a special collection of almost 90 Steam games offered by a huge range of developers and publishers which are provided as a reward for a charitable donation.
But it’s not about the receiving: Christmas is a time of giving, and Jingle Jam has been doing that for the last 11 years, with over £20m raised for charities prior to this year’s event.
Jingle Jam 2022 runs until 14 December on the fundraising platform Tiltify with the Jingle Jam Games Collection limited to 100,000 copies. Delivered via e-mail as individual keys to be redeemed on Steam (that’s over 9.1m individual codes), the games can be given away or shared over the holiday season but must be activated before the end of December.
The Yogscast Twitch channel will feature streams hosted by members of the Yogscast and their friends and features some of the most popular creators on Twitch and YouTube including Lewis and Simon, Sips, The Spiffing Brit, RTGame, and many more.
A Yogscast Video where they play You Suck at Parking from the YouTube channel
Additionally, content creators the world over are encouraged to host their own streams pushing donations to the charities closest to their hearts. Last year saw 215 community fundraisers as other creators, charities, and games companies ran their own Jingle Jam streams, raising over £480,000. This year anyone will be able to register from 1 December on Tiltify and take part.
This year’s Jingle Jam Games Collection is the biggest yet: with almost 90 games worth over £1,000, and is available to anyone who donates over £35 (about $42) here. There’s something for everyone within the collection, from AAA blockbusters like A Total War Saga Troy and Age of Wonders: Planetfall through to celebrated indie darlings such as PlateUp!, You Suck At Parking and Bonfire Peaks.
There are many more and on top of the games, everyone who donates above the £35 minimum will also receive discount coupons for Jingle Jam partners Fanatical, Displate, FRESH, and the Yogscast Store.
“Once again we are humbled by the generosity and passion of the global games industry. Jingle Jam is always the highlight of the year for us here, and with this collection of games we’re confident we’ll top last year’s enormous figure,” says Lewis Brindley, co-founder, The Yogscast and Jingle Jam Trustee. “This year’s charities span a range of diverse, important issues – we urge you to find out more about each and every one of them. We know times are tough right now for a lot of people, so if you are not in a position to donate this year, please don’t worry about it, come and watch the live streams online and join in the fun. But if you are in a position to donate and can find it in your heart to donate generously, you’ll be raising funds for some hugely important causes.”
You can keep up to date with all things Jingle Jam on Twitter at https://twitter.com/jinglejam
Follow the official Jingle Jam live streams in December at https://www.twitch.tv/yogscast
More information at https://www.jinglejam.co.uk/
Jingle Jam is the world’s biggest games charity event, taking place every year. Since its inception in 2011 the Jingle Jam has raised over £20 million, all for charitable projects across the world.
Organized and hosted entirely by volunteers, in the first week of December twitch.tv/yogscast was the biggest channel on Twitch. The opening three-hour stream of Jingle Cats was watched by over 1m unique viewers and the event is featured heavily on the Yogscast YouTube network and social media platforms with tens of millions of subscribers.
Over 50 Jingle Jam streamers are involved in special events - such as cooking, painting, poker, karaoke, and more. In addition, this year will see community streams across the world raising funds for their chosen charitable project.
This year’s Jingle Jam fundraising period and Jingle Jam charity games collection will support the following charity projects:
British Red Cross
Providing critical aid to those affected by the conflict in Ukraine and to young people who have found safety in the UK.
● Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) To stand together with teenagers and young adults by providing advice and support that helps break down the stigma around suicide, stands up to the stereotypes that surround it, and shows that life is always worth living.
● Dogs for Autism Springboard the work of Dogs for Autism's 'Autistic Youth Independence Programme', transforming so many more lives, one cheeky puppy at a time.
● Huntington's Disease Association Help, advice, and support for over 300 children and young people currently impacted by the effects of the rare, hereditary, degenerative, and complex neurological disorder, Huntington's disease.
● Kidscape Provide life-changing, practical support to children and families impacted by bullying, helping to reach more young people, including those in diverse communities.
● Mermaids Create more opportunities for transgender, nonbinary and gender-diverse children and young people to connect, be themselves, experience trans joy, and thrive.
Tackling some of the most complex health issues facing men today, including prostate and testicular cancer.
● RESET Mental Health Improve the mental well-being of young black adults from underfunded and underserved black communities through the delivery of free mental health services.
Bring fun and inclusion to 100s more disabled gamers and seriously ill children in 2023.
● Special Olympics Great Britain To send a team of Special Olympics GB athletes to represent Great Britain at the Special Olympics World Summer Games 2023 in Berlin – the world’s largest inclusive sporting event which uses the power of sport to transform the lives of people with intellectual disabilities around the world.
● Wallace & Gromit's Grand Appeal To fund Jingle Jam Building, a pioneering and transformational development for the young patients at Bristol Children's Hospital.
Whale and Dolphin Conservation
Protecting Honeydew and other whales and dolphins in their natural habitat in Scotland.
Tiltify is a fundraising platform that empowers communities, charities, and companies to impact change across the globe. Tiltify specializes in video-based fundraising tools that drive authentic engagement on social platforms like TikTok, Twitch, and YouTube.
Article by: Susan N.