Good Saturday afternoon everyone!
We all do a lot of gaming around here. I mean, it's what we do. The reasons behind this gaming are not always the same however as that what makes us different. Some do it for fun, some do it for the competition, some do it to relax and some do it to help others.
Rémi and I fall under each of the above and thanks to him a few years back I joined up with the yearly Extra Life where thousands of players around the world play in a 24-hour fundraising and gaming marathon to support Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. So when the wonderful people at Stride PR reached out to us about the new One Gamer Fund going on this weekend, we had to share it.
Find out all the details below and happy gaming!
Fundraiser this Weekend to Support AbleGamers, Child's Play, Games for Change, Global Game Jam, IGDA Foundation, Stack-Up, Take This
One Gamer Fund, a newly unveiled initiative committed to supporting AbleGamers, Child's Play, Games for Change, Global Game Jam, IGDA Foundation, Stack-Up and Take This, will unite gamers and game developers this weekend in the name of fun, contributing to seven of the most impactful gaming charities in the world.
One Gamer Fund will raise funds and share the proceeds amongst the supported organizations, benefiting a large community of gamers and game developers through the excellent work of these charities.
Gamers who want to support One Gamer Fund can:
- Purchase a game or bundle published by Good Shepherd Entertainment on Steam this weekend. Fifty percent of Good Shepherd's proceeds from the sale of these titles will go to One Gamer Fund.
- Tune into Twitch, where streamers raising money for One Gamer Fund will be featured on the front page all weekend long.
- Stream on Twitch and use Tiltify to collect donations and get your stream promoted on One Gamer Fund's social media channels.
- Dress to the nines in a One Gamer Fund shirt, available for purchase for $12.00 at The Yetee.
- Give directly via OneGamerFund.org or send donations via PayPal to email@example.com.
- Become a corporate sponsor by emailing Seven Siegel.
"Millions of gamers have already contributed to the individual charities One Gamer Fund supports because each of their causes are so meaningful," says Seven Siegel, co-founder, One Gamer Fund. "With One Gamer Fund, it's never been easier to help some of the most distinguished gaming charities all at once."
For more information, please visit the official website or follow One Gamer Fund on Twitter.
Article by Pierre-Yves