Join the fight to save the galaxy with the first multiplayer downloadable content pack for Mass Effect™ 3! Available to download for owners of Mass Effect 3 for no additional charge*, the Mass Effect 3: Resurgence Pack adds two new maps to the game’s critically acclaimed cooperative multiplayer experience, along with a variety of new playable characters, new weapons and new items that can be unlocked by acquiring reinforcement packs in the game’s multiplayer store. The Mass Effect 3: Resurgence Pack will be available for download on April 10 on Xbox®LIVE and the Origin™ client software and on PlayStation® Network in North America on April 10 and in Europe on April 11.
The Mass Effect 3: Resurgence Pack includes the following content:
- Two New Action-Packed Maps – Take the battle to Firebase Condor, a warzone outpost located on one of Palaven's moons and Firebase Hydra, an old abandoned quarian colony which has since been converted into a critical power facility. Each map represents a crucial asset in the overall fight against the Reapers.
- Six Powerful New Unlockable Characters – Assume the role of new characters for each class, including the Asari Justicar Adept, Krogan Battlemaster Vanguard and characters from new playable races with the Batarian Soldier, Batarian Sentinel, Geth Engineer and Geth Infiltrator.
- Lethal New Weapons – Obliterate wave after wave of enemies by unlocking the Striker Assault Rifle, Kishock Harpoon Gun and Geth Plasma SMG.
- New Consumables – Cash in your credits to purchase reinforcement packs that could include the following new consumables:
- Strength Enhancer – Applies a melee damage boost for one mission
- Targeting VI – Applies a headshot damage bonus for one mission
- Stabilization Module – Stabilizes weapons while firing and moving for one mission
- Shield Power Cells – Shortens the length of time shields take to begin recharging for one mission
As part of the Mass Effect 3 Galaxy at War** system, success in the cooperative multiplayer experience in Mass Effect 3 links back to the player’s single-player campaign, helping Commander Shepard rally the forces of the galaxy to eliminate the Reaper threat once and for all. Multiplayer puts players in the role of a team of elite Special Forces soldiers sent to protect resources and assets that can help the greater war effort.
Mass Effect 3 has received over 75 perfect scores and won over 50 awards from critics around the world. For more information on Mass Effect 3, please visit http://masseffect.com, follow the game on Twitter at http://twitter.com/masseffect or "like" the game on Facebook at http://facebook.com/masseffect. Press assets for Mass Effect 3 can be found at www.gamespress.ea.com.
- OFFER EXPIRES APRIL 12, 2014. INTERNET CONNECTION AND ORIGIN (EA), XBOX LIVE GOLD, OR PLAYSTATION NETWORK ACCOUNT REQUIRED. VALID ONLY AT THE ORIGIN CLIENT SOFTWARE (WWW.ORIGIN.COM/ABOUT), XBOX LIVE MARKETPLACE OR PLAYSTATION STORE. VALID WHEREVER MASS EFFECT 3 IS SOLD. MASS EFFECT 3 FULL GAME, MASS EFFECT 3 ONLINE PASS AND ORIGIN ACCOUNT (EA) REQUIRED TO USE/PLAY DOWNLOAD. OFFER MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED, EXCHANGED, SOLD OR REDEEMED FOR CASH OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES. MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER, GIFT CARD, REBATE OR DISCOUNT COUPON. PRODUCT SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. LIMIT ONE OFFER PER PERSON. YOU MUST MEET THE MINIMUM AGE REQUIREMENTS, WHICH VARY BY COUNTRY, TO REGISTER FOR AN ORIGIN ACCOUNT (EA). EA MAY RETIRE ONLINE FEATURES AFTER 30 DAYS NOTICE POSTED ON WWW.EA.COM/2/SERVICE-UPDATES.
** The Mass Effect 3: Galaxy at War feature can be activated via the Online Pass code found in every new copy of Mass Effect 3.
--- So my take? That's good stuff overall. I have enjoyed the online quite a bit, but had already pretty well exhausted most of my options on it, maxing out several characters now. So this is welcome news in my opinion. What are your thoughts?